1. I've been working with children for over 14 years. During college I worked as a nanny, after school program teacher, and *my favorite* as a special ed aid for a preschool early education language program. After college I subbed for about six months until I got my first teaching job as a 1st grade teacher. In the past 8 years I've taught kindergarten and 1st grade. The primary grades are for me!
2. I'm been married to a wonderful guy named Charlie for over 9 years. WHOA - I just had to recount and double check that number! We dated for 5 years before we were married so we've been together over 14 years. We have SO much fun together! He is truly my best friend and I am so lucky to have him in my life.
3. In February I became a mom to the sweetest baby ever. I love my baby Isla so much!!! Now, hopefully you're reading her name as "eye-luh" and not "is-la" as many, many people have. If you did it's understandable and I'll forgive you. I had serious conversations with myself about her name before she was born. Being a teacher, I didn't want to give her a name where there would be 3 in every classroom but I didn't want to give here a weird name either. And I didn't want to give her a name that would be mispronounced... oh well. It happens ALL.THE.TIME. lol My husband and I did battles over her name for about 8 months. Isla was the only name we could agree on :) If my dear husband had had his wish she would have been named "Alexia". So see, it could have been worse ;)
4. Random Food Issues: One of my favorite treats is eating brownies with orange juice. I hate tomatoes on hamburgers, sandwiches or salads but I like eating them sliced. I think you can never have too much ketchup with your fries. I can't eat fish if I see scales - yuck!
5. I'm the youngest of 7 kids. I have one brother and 5 sisters. My oldest sister is 20 years older than me and my sister closest in age to me is 6 years older. My parents saved the best for last IMO. Here is my sister Susan and I on a trip to San Fran.
6. This weekend my lifelong friend Suzy is getting married and Charlie and I are in the wedding party. Suzy is marrying Charlie's cousin, so now we will officially be family :)! Here is a pic of me and Suzy dressing up as brides when we were little. I think this may have been Halloween. Thanks for those bangs mom!
7. Lately I've been obsessed with making headbands for Isla. I'm eagerly awaiting an order from Etsy to make her some more. Shabby flowers = LOVE
8. DVR is one of the best inventions ever. Here are some shows you will see on that play list: Swamp People, Duck Dynasty, Cake Boss, 19 Kids and Counting, Survivor, Once Upon a Time. I can't wait for the season premiere of Duck Dynasty this week!
9. I love crafting and garage sales. I really miss Martha Stewart's show.....One day I want to have a fabulous craft room instead of a junky craft table in the garage.
10. Best trip ever? ITALY. It was the trip of a lifetime! Charlie and I went there for two weeks with another couple. We went to Tuscany, Venice, Amalfi Coast and Rome. I HAVE to get back there someday!
It was nice to meet you! If you'd like to read about some more teacher bloggers head over to Blog Hoppin'!