Saturday, March 31, 2012

Piggy Banks

This week we started our money unit.  Students always love learning about money.  I bought these ceramic piggy banks for students from Oriental Trading Company.  When I first ordered them I had worried about them breaking during shipping and then being short a piggy bank. However you can see from the picture that they are very well packaged.  For the two years that I have been doing this project not a single pig has arrived broken! 
The first day students paint their pigs a solid color and the second day they decorate their pigs.  They LOVE these pigs and take good care of them.  The part I like best about this project is knowing they'll be practicing counting coins over and over again :).




My friend Mr. Jones also did piggy banks this week.  For more examples head over to his blog at First Upon a Time.


4 comments: