Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mr. Turkey

We have been having a lot of fun with all of our November activities.  It's amazing to me how many times students will sing a song and not get tired of it :).  One of the songs I enjoy teaching them in November is called "Mr. Turkey". It's simple and fun, check the poster I made below.
 Hand Movements:
"Big and fat" - hold arms out in a circle in front of you
"I am going to eat you" - pretend to be putting food in your mouth
"Just like that" - "Just" right hand out palm up, "like" left hand out palm up, "that" clap hands together

Along with some fun turkey songs, we made some fact family turkeys.  These fact family turkeys came from Erica Bohrer's unit Thanksgiving Art, Literacy, and Math Activities.  This is a great unit with many fun activities for November. 


 For the turkey eyes I used some self adhesive googly eyes I found at the Target Dollar Spot in August.  Now I'm asking myself 'WHY did I not buy more of these?!?!'  You know how students can't resist touching a googly eye that has not completely dried....well you don't have to worry about that with the self adhesive!  The eyes won't move once put on, so now I'm on the look out for more!  

This week is a two day work week for us and then a few days off for Thanksgiving vacation - yay!!!  I wish everyone a wonderful time with family and friends this Thanksgiving.  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment