Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Going to Bat for Breast Cancer: Exciting UPDATE!!!

Honorary Bat Girl Kimberly Fugere, her husband Ross, and Dustin Ackley pose for a pregame photo.
MLB player Dustin Ackley , Kimberly and her husband Ross

So, I have some GREAT news to share!  The few weeks ago I did a post about my dear friend Kimberly who is fighting cancer.  Her father entered her into a MLB contest to be an honorary bat girl on Mothers Day.    Kimberly WON!!!! Kimberly was honored on Sunday at the Seattle Mariners game.  She is so deserving of this honor and I am so happy for her.  Thank you so much to everyone who took a moment to give her a vote.  You can click on the picture below to read more about Kimberly's story and watch her throw out the ceremonial first pitch.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post....I would have voted! So great for your friend- she will be in my thoughts- I battled cancer last year, and it is a rough ride!
    Love your blog and I just started following you! Laura

    Read-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete